The National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NAMCS) defines a comprehensive Electronic Health Record (EHR) system as one that has computerized orders for prescriptions, computerized orders for tests, reporting of test results, and clinical notes. InteliDOX includes all these features and more:
- Integration with your Practice Management System (PMS) to automatically import patient information (including name, account/SSN numbers, address and phone number, insurance information, and diagnoses), provider names, and appointments
- iPaper turns paper forms into digital templates that can automatically generate progress notes, procedure notes, referral letters…almost any sort of correspondence you want. Unlike templates from other EHR products that limit your freedom of expression and force you to input data according to their rules, iPaper templates are totally customizable and can include:
iPaper streamlines and standardizes the recording of exam findings, and can catch basic input errors by enforcing rules like "Select only x items from this group" and "If this item is checked, that item must also be checked." The iPaper Editor is provided as a part of the base EHR system, and is a cost-effective way to digitize your existing paper forms (or generic pre-printed checklist forms) and configure them according to your style and needs - no programmer required!
- automatically merged data (from your Practice Management System and from InteliDOX) such as patient names and demographic data, vital signs, diagnoses, allergies, and medication lists
- checklists, which can be completed using check marks, Xs, plus and minus signs, ovals, or circles
- drop-down lists containing any groups of data that you like: common diagnoses, conditions, symptoms, chief complaints, etc.
- "electronic ink" that is "drawn" directly on forms using a Tablet PC stylus or a mouse
- text boxes where you can type or write any desired comments
- Transcription is generated using Microsoft Word and automatically sent to the patient's provider for review/approval or straight to the chart, depending on the category and description chosen for each document.
- Embedded Document Imaging and Management System (DIMS) uses off-the-shelf scanning equipment. Includes support for different paper sizes (8½x11", 8½x14" [legal], or insurance cards), black-and-white or color scanning, and single- or double-sided (duplex) scanning (depending on the capabilities of your scanner)
- Prescription entry and patient medication lists. Prescriptions can be printed or transmitted to pharmacies by paperless fax, or use InteliDOX to track prescriptions that are phoned to pharmacies. Prescriptions that require attention and/or discussion can be flagged and made the subject of electronic dialogs between the provider and nursing staff
- Comprehensive patient demographics screen includes patient name and photograph, age and Date of Birth, address and phone numbers, account and SSN numbers, account balance, insurance information, referring doctor contact information, Date of Last Visit and date of next appointment, diagnoses, vital signs, allergies, problem lists, current medications list, and open/active items (incomplete tasks, items awaiting review, etc.)
- Each provider's review bin holds transcription, scanned images, and lab results that are awaiting approval. Items can be edited directly (or returned to the transcriptionist or nurse for editing) and electronically signed. Items can also be sent to the review bins of nurses, insurance clerks, or poster/coders for followup (e.g., notification of lab results) or billing
- Nurses' notes are fully customizable; the format of notes can be pre-defined and demographic information can be automatically merged into the text of notes
- Chart Summary feature lets you instantly retrieve a fully-customized set of the data that you need from a patient's chart, using up to 23 rules that specify what items you want and in what order
- Easy exchange of clinical, demographic, and insurance data by means of printouts, paperless faxes, or encrypted email
- Appointments are automatically imported from your Practice Management System. Patients' check-in status ("checked in," "in room," "checked out," as well as no-shows, cancelations, and reschedules) and current location (waiting room, exam room, treatment room, etc.) can be updated with the click of a button
- Waiting room patient kiosk for self check-in
- Providers and staff can be automatically alerted as patients check in
- Clinical tasks can be used to order and track the results of labs, diagnostic exams, and procedures; simple reminder tasks are used to alert staff and providers to attend meetings or return phone calls
- Retrieve lab results using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Lab results are automatically matched to patients' accounts and sent to each patient's provider for review, approval, and followup if necessary
- Automatic generation of patient notification letters for lab results
- Electronic dialogs with up to ten participants facilitate written discussion of medications, lab results, patient questions, etc. Contents of completed dialogs can be saved in the patient's chart
- Queued patient printing lets you select chart items and patient handouts to be printed and given to the patient at the end of the visit
- Hospital Rounds report can be used to track location (facility and room number), diagnosis, and comments for hospitalized patients
- Embedded email system
- Colored labels and flags can be used to designate items associated with specialities or to provide visual cues to distinguish important items in the patient's health record
- Tablet PC compatibility
- Remote access from almost any Internet-connected computer
- Access to patient records is recorded for quality control and security reporting
To arrange a web-based or on-site demonstration of any Businet product, please call us at 877.858.4440, x102 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.